John tagged me in a meme where I am to write a blog post of six weird things about myself, choose six people to be tagged and list their names.
First off, regarding the people I'm tagging, let's just say that I'm tagging you right at this moment while you are reading this post. That's right, you can't get away, you can't do anything but go to your blog, write your own meme and let me know that you did so I can learn more about you.
So, on to the six weird things about myself. I guess they are weird. It really depends upon what you define as weirdness, but here we go:
- When I was a child my cousins and I used to stay at my Granny's house for the summer. They had a farm and we had a blast every year. We were like wild monkeys cavorting around and God bless my Granny's soul that she put up with us. While staying there we would pour handfuls of salt into the palm of our hand until a giant pyramid was created and would walk around the house licking it. I have no clue why.
- We would also go to the bathroom and then afterwards suck on a lemon and push in our bellybutton with our index finger and move it all around. For some reason it made us want to go to the bathroom again even though we just went (it still works.....yes...I tried it again...and when I say "go to the bathroom", I mean #1).
- I don't like to mix my food. When I have a plate of various foods, I always keep everything separated and eat one thing at one time. So, if I have turkey, macaroni and cheese and beans (I'm thinking about Thanksgiving for some reason), I will eat the mac first, beans second and turkey last. I don't know why.
- I am highly habitual and can get into habits way too easily. For example, once I went to a coffee shop with my husband. We then went the next night. The night afterwards I felt that I had to go again and get another coffee. It was like my day was not complete without it. It went on for a year until I finally broke myself of it. Right now I'm having the same problem with sushi. You can buy it at our local grocery store and the salmon sushi with cream cheese is to die for and I am going to try my best not to go there tonight to get it for dinner. I hate this side of myself.
- I have a fetish for hand lotions, antibacterial hand gels, etc. In fact, I have a basket at work with loads of them in there. I am always putting them on to smell a different scent. It's not about being worried about bacteria. It's about the smell. In fact, I'll put some "Winter Candy Apple" antibacterial hand gel from Bath and Body Works on right now while I'm thinking about it. Egad, it smells GREAT. It's a sickness.
- When I go somewhere I drive the same way and change lanes at the same spot on the interstate. I don't feel right if I don't do this. I guess this ties in with number four above now that I think about it. Do we have a little OCD going on, I wonder? I do think I have the tendencies. Oh, and God help me if I go somewhere new. I invariably get lost and consistently make the wrong turn when I'm leaving. It's a pain. I really need a GPS lady telling me where to go. The world would be safer from me, that's for sure.